Summer Fest to Benefit Junior Leadership Torrance Program
The Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce [TACC] Foundation is proud to present Summer Fest, an evening event slated for Sunday, August 20th from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. in front of the Depot Restaurant on Cabrillo Avenue. The event serves to benefit the Foundation’s new Junior Leadership Torrance [JLT] program; designed to influence and inspire the future leaders of our community.
Modeled after the TACC’s highly-regarded Leadership Torrance program, JLT will consist of approximately 30 sophomore students from various Torrance area high schools who have been selected by Torrance Unified School District faculty. Selected students will have displayed an aptitude for the professional processes of the business world, and will participate in a series of activities and excursions aimed at sharpening their leadership skills and identifying career path opportunities in corporate, non-profit and municipal arenas.
Assistant Chief and Fire Marshal for the Torrance Fire Department, Bill Samp, is co-directing the JLT program and sees the value in affording our local high school students with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity through the program. “Junior Leadership Torrance provides a student the unique opportunity to take the next step in self-evaluation, be surrounded by other promising leaders, and gain insights into the application of leadership in real world organizations in our community,” stated Samp.
Whether you choose to purchase tickets/tables to Summer Fest, sponsor the event or donate to the silent auction, your support of the Junior Leadership Torrance program will allow the TACC Foundation to continue its work in positively impacting the future of Los Angeles’ workforce; thereby improving the long-term economic vitality of our region.
Guests of Summer Fest will enjoy a delectable BBQ buffet by Chef Shafer, hosted beer, wine and martini bar, silent auction, and live music. All donations are tax deductible; the TACC Foundation is a 501(c) 3 organization. TICKETS SOLD ON SITE SUNDAY AUGUST 20TH!!!
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors:
• Los Angeles County 4th District Supervisor Janice Hahn
• Torrance Refining Company
• Southern California Edison
• UFC Gym – Torrance
• Green Hills Memorial Park
• The Daily Breeze
Thanks to the Silent Auction Donors! To-Date:
• Private plane ride with Dr. Thomas LaGrelius | SkyPark PFC
• Dinner for four with the City of Torrance Fire Department | Torrance Fire Department
• Relaxation Station Pool Float & Instant Gazebo | Big 5 Sporting Goods
• Two-Night Weekend Stay at Intercontinental Hotel San Fransisco | Continental Development Corporation
• Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse Certificate | Continental Development Corporation
• Sunday Brunch for two at Hotel Maya | Hotel Maya
• Aquarium of the Pacific Family 4-Packs | Torrance Today Magazine
• Pacific Park Santa Monica Passes
• Two tickets to UCLA vs. Hawaii on 9/9/17 | Abir Chaudry, UCLA
• Assorted restaurant gift cards | Charlene Nishimura
• One weekend stay in a 1-bedroom suite | Staybridge Suites – Torrance
• Torrance Bakery Certificate | Torrance Bakery/Kirk Rossberg
• YMCA 1-Month Family Membership | Torrance-South Bay YMCA
• Seven pose portrait at CL!X Studios | CL!X Studios/Steve Coy
• Walser’s Gift Packages & Certificates | Walser’s/Jack Walser
• Pelican Products Bundle | Pelican Products
• Mulligan’s Family Fun Center Package | Mulligan’s
• 1-Night Stay including Breakfast at Portofino Hotel | Portofino Hotel
• Wellness Gift Basket | South Bay Pain & Wellness
• More Being Added Every Day! BE THERE!