To support employers in developing their own vaccine policies, Kaiser Permanente has released a new Workforce Vaccine Policy Toolkit sharing the insights we gained from implementing a vaccine policy across our organization.
The toolkit includes:
- The business case for having a vaccine policy in place, and considerations for developing one
- Kaiser Permanente’s own vaccination requirement policy, including sample exemption language
- An example roll out timeline and tips for sharing the policy with employees
- Links to KP’s vaccine resources and tools to build confidence in the vaccines’ safety and efficacy
The “Quick Start Guide: Preparing Your Workforce for Vaccine Requirements,” by the Health Action Alliance that is within the toolkit is a great source of information. In addition to this, embedded within the guide are template medical and religious exemption forms that employers can adapt:
- Medical exemption template:Microsoft Word – VACCINE – Request for Medical Exemption_Accommodation Related to COVID-19 Vaccine.docx (fisherphillips.com)
- Religious exemption template:Microsoft Word – VACCINE – Request for Religious Exemption_Accommodation Related to COVID-19 Vaccine.docx (fisherphillips.com)
Be sure to reach out to your healthcare provider for more information on how they are supporting vaccinations in your communities.