The Chamber helps member businesses gain exposure through multiple avenues. Grand openings, ribbon cuttings, and ground breaking ceremonies are offered to all members. The Chamber helps coordinate the event by inviting business professionals, city officials, and legislative representatives. This is a great opportunity for member businesses not only to showcase their wares, but also to host and meet influential South Bay leaders. The Chamber provides the ribbon, scissors, and/or ground breaking shovels, and a Chamber staff member takes pictures during the event.
for Chamber members only.
STEPS TO TAKE:
1. Schedule a ceremony event by calling the Chamber at (310) 540-5858. Contact the Chamber no later than one month prior to the event, and provide three preferred dates. (Best times to schedule a ceremonial event is from 11:30-12:30 pm or 4:00-5:00 pm on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.)
2. To secure the event, the $50 fee is due as soon as a date and time are decided upon. Payment can be made by check, cash, or credit card.
3. The member business is encouraged to invite clients, customers, and any other appropriate guests. The business’ invitees will serve as the primary guests of the event, along with the 5-10 representatives from the Chamber who will be in attendance.
4. Plan for a time when the following individuals will say a few words of congratulations: Mayor of Torrance, City Council representative, the Chamber Board of Director’s Chairman or Chairman Elect, and a key representative from the member business.
5. Provide appetizers for guests.